Cuisinart DTC-975BKN Thermal 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black
Product DescriptionWith 24-hour programmability this coffeemaker lets you choose when to brew. The unit automatically shuts off and has an audible beep when brew cycle is complete. The convenient Brew Pause feature lets you enjoy a cup during the brewing cycle and the easy to read water level indicator takes the guesswork out of measuring. It’s large capacity thermal carafe keeps up to 12 cups of coffee hot and fresh and features a patented Brew Through / Pour Through Lid that seals out air and seals in flavor.
- Fully automatic coffeemaker with 24-hour programmability
- 12-cup (5 Ounce) double-wall insulated stainless-steel carafe
- Patented brew-through and pour-through lid keeps air out and coffee fresh and hot for hours
- Instruction booklet included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Cuisinart DCG-20BK Coffee Bar Coffee Grinder, Black
- Cuisinart CVR-1000 Vertical Countertop Rotisserie with Touchpad Controls
Average Customer Review
(1,155 customer reviews)
388 of 394 people found the following review helpful
Slightly Fussy Lid, but the BEST Coffee-Maker I've Ever Used, April 23, 2005
Anita Weiner - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart DTC-975BKN Thermal 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black (Kitchen)Fussy Lid, but the Best Coffee Maker Ever!, April 23, 2005
Reviewer: R. Wilner (Metro Detroit) - See all my reviews
I wish Amazon had 1/2 stars, because I would have given 4 1/2. I almost gave it a 5 star rating, but the lid may bug some people. I will admit that the lid MUST be placed in a perfect position, but how to do it is no mystery. Clearly etched in the top of the lid are the words "Open" "Close" and "Pour." If you put the lid on so that the word "Pour" is directly over the spout, it's no problem. When you go to screw on the lid, just make sure that the word "Pour" starts out over the spout and when it's closed, it will end up there. No big deal. My guess is, the people who have given negative reviews about the lid were impatient with it.
My reason for buying this coffee-maker was the 12-OUNCE thermal carafe. This was one of the only coffee-makers I saw with a 12oz carafe as opposed to an 8 or 10 ounce. This was a huge selling point for me. As...Read more
353 of 360 people found the following review helpful
Defective, but easily fixed, July 5, 2010
G. Thompson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart DTC-975BKN Thermal 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black (Kitchen)My beloved 25 year-old Rowenta finally died, so I started looking for a new pot with a vacuum carafe and a cone filter. That narrowed the prospects quite a bit, and I bought the Cuisinart because it was easily available and (relatively) inexpensive compared to others with the same features. I read the numerous poor reviews but figured it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to make it work, so I pressed on.
Sure enough, the pot was defective in a couple of ways.
1. The instruction booklet says to _fill_ the carafe and pour it into the reservoir. The carafe holds twelve cups and the reservoir holds the same before the small hole in back below the hinge dumps any excess on your counter, so in theory it's impossible to over fill. So far, so good - but the guy at Cuisinart who designed this pot apparently skipped his junior high science class the day they described how water expands when it is heated.
Twelve cups of cold tap water expands to about twelve and a...Read more
75 of 75 people found the following review helpful
Very good coffee maker, but be careful, November 19, 2010
M. Irving (Riverside, CA) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Cuisinart DTC-975BKN Thermal 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black (Kitchen)I have had this coffee maker for about 3 weeks now. I read all these reviews before I purchased, and almost didn't because of some of them, so I thought I'd let you know how it worked out for me since you are probably having the same concerns.
The short version: I am very pleased with this coffee maker and am happy I purchased it. There are a couple of minor concerns, but with a bit of knowledge you can safely purchase this coffee maker.
- Very solid construction and carafe. Good overall look and feel.
- The carafe keeps coffee hot all day. A huge plus. I only get carafe style (no warmer) coffee makers, and this is one of the best I've used.
- Simple and easy programmable auto-brew functionality.
- The fill container has a very easy to read measuring line, making filling it to a desired level very easy and convenient. A bonus I didn't know I was missing until I got this machine.
- Pretty slow brewing. Takes 15-20...Read more